The holidays are here! What a busy time of year! Extra parties! Shopping! Signing Cards! Traveling! Everyone has tons on their plate this month. So listing your house in December is not usually a great time of year. Everyone is focused on other things and not on moving or looking for their next house. But come the beginning of a new year, that would be a great time! In Arizona the weather could not be more perfect to move, no snow! or ice! So if you are thinking about listing wait till the new year.
Here are some things that buyers should look for:
- Cracks in foundation walls. It only takes a crack 1/64 of an inch wide to give termites and other wood destroying insects hidden access to a house.
- Leaking pipes and faucets. Termites as well as other insects, seek out moisture for survival. Leaking pipes can keep wood and soil continually damp and create a perfect home for termites.
- Wood debris around and under a house. Pieces of scrap lumber or firewood kept next to a structure can support a colony of termites.
- Sprinkler systems or bubblers placed near the outside wall of a structure. Excessive watering can attract termites to the structure.
- Flower planters. Planters allow hidden and direct access to unprotected siding and cracked stucco when built in direct contact with a house.
- Trellises and wooden fences. If a trellis or wood fence touches soil and is in contact with a structure, it provides a direct link between the subterranean termites in the soil and wood in the structure.
Termites are very common here in AZ and should not prevent you from purchasing a house. If you do not have termites at time of purchase you will one day. For those of you new to AZ, this may seem like a big deal but it is not. Make sure to have it treated once you find them and then keep the warranty effective
This swap meet is located just southeast of Coyote Landing Condos in Mesa, AZ. It is open from 9-4 Friday thru Sunday. Great place to visit for unique things with 1,600 booths to shop from. They serve breakfast for a low cost to get energy to shop the rest of the day. It is free to get in and there is a ton of parking. They are located at 10550 East Baseline Road, Mesa. Check out the website http://www.mesamarketplace.com
Have you questioned whether a condo would be enough space for you at Coyote Landing Condos? We have a new idea for you, thanks to a current buyer. How about buy 2 condos back to back on the same floor and then you can add a door in the middle. You would have a 6 bedroom, 4 bathroom condo with all the great perks of owning a condo. Plus it has been approved to receive a discount from the HOA when you own two condos here. We are building brand new condos that will knock your socks off.
Today after I arrived at the office, I had an owner come up to me and ask if I knew of someone that was interested in renting his condo out for a year lease, unfurnished. I told him no, but I had an even better idea for him. Furnish your condo for about $10-15k and then we can help rent it out for the winter. Who does not want to come to the sun in the cold winter months? The rent amounts here at Coyote Landing Condos can be from $1500-2600 for a furnished condo all winter. People are desperate to come here and be in the sun. Where as a full time unfurnished rental would rent between $800-1100 per month all year. Another great perk about seasonal rentals is less wear and tear on your place and belongings. If you would like to use your condo you can come when you are not renting it out and making money. Just a tid bit of information for anyone renting a winter home in Arizona.